Each year, Stephen Leatherman, a.k.a. Dr. Beach, puts out his list of the best beaches in the United States, and this year, there are two of them in Florida!
The list is based on safety and cleanliness with bonus points for smoking prohibition. You know, we are trying to save the ocean and keep the beaches clean!
Here are the Top 10! How many of these beaches have you had the chance to visit?
- Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach, Outer Banks of North Carolina
- Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin/Clearwater, Florida
- Coopers Beach, Southampton, New York
- St. George Island State Park, Florida Panhandle
- Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Oahu, HI
- Lighthouse Beach, Buxton, Outer Banks of North Carolina
- Coronado Beach , San Diego, California
- Wailea Beach, Maui, Hawaii,
- Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, South Carolina
- Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Read more at DrBeach.Org