*LIST* The Craziest Things You Can Take Insurance Out For
September 20, 2019
The Bottom Line:
- According to a report by FitSmallBusiness if you shop around you can find someone to insure just about anything
- They’ve just come out with a list of the craziest things you can insure
- They include cyber extortion protection, food poisoning, employees winning the lottery, space debris, paranormal abductions and even Christmas caroling
The Full Story:
Most people these days know it’s better to be safe than sorry, which is why we shell out money for things like car, health, home and even travel insurance. But did you know people can take out insurance on a whole host of things that are far from the ordinary?
According to a report by FitSmallBusiness if you shop around you can find someone to insure just about anything, and they’ve compiled a list of some of the strangest things that people have taken insurance policies out for.
Topping the list is Cyber Extortion Protection, which will protect someone if a hacker invades their privacy and uses their online behavior against them. If you’re worried about becoming a victim, providers will charge anywhere from $1,000 to $7,500 a year, and it covers cyber-extortion related expenses, including ransom costs.
15 Craziest Things to Insure
- Cyber Extortion Protection
- Food Poisoning
- Employees Winning the Lottery
- Hole-in-One Prize (Golf)
- Space Debris
- Body Parts
- Fantasy Sports Wages
- Kidnapping and Ransom Expenses
- Christmas Caroling
- Paranormal Abductions