From something called Babbletop.com, here are their Top 10 Food Trends of 2019:
10. Katsu – Japanese fried pork cutlets
9. Taiwanese Fare – drunken chicken, fly’s head, beef noodles flavored with fragrant anise and “stinky” tofu.
8. Food From The “Stans” – Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. Generally, meat, liver, beans, eggplant and noodles.
7. Chinese Hot Pot Restaurants
6. Personalized Foods – you send in send in a blood test and DNA swab, and the company will tell you what food you should be eating and send you a diet plan.
5. More Protein
4. Inventive Flavors With A Global Vibe. For example, a sushi burrito that’s loaded with roe, raw fish, sticky rice and avocado. Mint, tomato jam and Tahini.
3. Food Brands With Gen Z Values Will Be Prized – like non-GMO and organic food.
2. Veggie Cuisine Will Be Hotter Than Ever
1. Spring Pancakes From Northern China – Spring pancakes look like burritos. They feature wheat flour wrappers which hold a host of fillings, such as stir-fried veggies and braised proteins.